Please be advised that Thomson Reuters will be performing routine maintenance between 13.00 and 16.00 this Sunday 14th June 2015.
It is expected that there will be minimal interruption to users who are logged into Web of Science, InCites, ResearcherID, or EndNote Online during this time.
Thomson Reuters apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Information Consultant Law and Business
Web of Science will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday December 13 2014. During this time access may be intermittent, however only a brief interruption is expected. Please note that while direct access to Endnote Online and ResearcherID is unaffected the linking from these resources to Web of Science records may be briefly affected.
Thomson Reuters apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Information Consultant, Schools of Business and Law
Please be advised that Web of Science will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday December 13 2014 to release new search functionality. Access may be intermittent during this time. Thomson Reuters apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Information Consultant, Library Services
Have you used the Web of Science (WoS) database recently? If not, you’ll be unaware that the WoS platform has been going through a process of upgrades and enhancements with the most recent taking place in the last week or so. For a quick introduction to new features and options see the WoS tutorial at http://wokinfo.com/training_support/training/web-of-knowledge/
Find out if you are an author of a Highly Cited or even a Hot Paper! The University of Aberdeen had over 300 Highly Cited papers and 11 Hot Papers at the time of writing this blog item – are you the author of one of these? You can find out by:
- Navigating to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk
- Using the orange Click here to access Web of Science button
- Note – If you are off-campus and prompted for your login route select the Shibboleth/Institution option
- From the All Databases drop-down option select Web of Science Core Collection
- Carry out your search (make sure you use the drop down box to select a different search field if you want to carry out an Author or Organisation search)
- Use the ESI Top Papers section on the left hand sidebar to refine your search further
- The icons below may be assigned to papers in the result lists. When in WoS click on each icon for a definition to find out when a paper is Hot rather than Highly Cited…
For more information on using Web of Science please speak with library staff or contact the Information Consultant for your subject area – http://www.abdn.ac.uk/library/support/contacts/ic/
Susan McCourt (email@example.com)
Looking for a journal impact factor? The latest release (28 October 2014) of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) updates and completes 2013 data previously released in summer 2014. It also includes several new features that provide enhanced reporting and visualisation tools.
For detailed information on the new features and expanded metrics see http://tmsnrt.rs/1rG1AS6
JCR has now been integrated with the Web of Science (WoS) database platform. To access the service:
- Navigate to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk
- Click on the orange Click here to access Web of Science button
- Note – If you are off-campus and prompted for your login route select the Shibboleth/Institution option. If you are on-campus select either of the given options
- Once into WoS select Journal Citation Reports from the top navigation bar and search…
If you would like any more information on using JCR please contact your subject Information Consultant – http://www.abdn.ac.uk/library/support/contacts/ic/
Susan McCourt, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Web of Science databases will undergo scheduled maintenance from 14:00 Sunday 13 July until 02:00 Monday July 14. During this time, Web of Science may be available on an intermittent basis. Thomson Reuters apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Susan McCourt, email@example.com
Please be advised that there may be intermittent access issues to Web of Science personalisation, EndNote Online, ResearcherID, and InCites during the period of Sunday January 26 2014 from 1200 to 1400 GMT. Thomson Reuters apologise for any interruption this may cause.