A pilot of 24-hr opening for The Sir Duncan Rice Library will be in operation from Sunday 23rd November to Thursday 18th December, 2014. During this period you should be aware that:
- Swipe access only after 22.00 hrs – please ensure you have your ID card, as access will not be permitted without it.
- Essential cleaning of the building will be carried out overnight between 2 am and 6 am, which may result in some disruption.
- The PCs require a nightly shutdown lasting about ten minutes, and reboot for essential maintenance. This will happen at 4.00am, and you will be given an option to delay this for 2 hours.
- Look after yourselves and your belongings – take breaks, but don’t leave your personal belongings unattended.
- Take care if leaving the Library in the early hours – travel with friends if possible.
- Please respect the building and your fellow library users: eat and drink only in the provided café area on the ground floor, and keep talk to the group study areas to allow others to study.
- Report any problems to security staff on duty – in person, or by phone – Information Centre Floor 1 or tel. 01224 273330
- The last day for 24 hour opening is Thursday 18th – Friday 19th December.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on behalf Marion Blacklaw, Circulation Manager